Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cindy Sherman, the new face for MAC Makeup?





I am soo confused.  The internet is abundant with these photos of Cindy Sherman for Mac Cosmetics new fall 2011 campaign.  Yet, upon further research, I discovered a post by a person calling themselves "Cindy Sherman"...


I, Cindy Sherman did NOT collaborate on a line of makeup for MAC cosmetics. There was misleading information in materials that were released to the press without my approval. The phrase, “Cindy Sherman for MAC” was only meant to be a caption for the 3 photos that I shot for the campaign. We have since removed my name from the images as well as anything related to their fall line. Unfortunately, it is too late to undo the spreading of this viral mis-information. I did not endorse, create or even think about making a line of cosmetics, ever.


Here the confusion sets in.  Who does one believe?  The photographs are great, the idea is awesome, and it sounds like something MAC Cosmetics would do.  After all, Cindy did just sell the most expensive photograph in the world, for $3.9 million.


Who do you believe?





No comments:

Post a Comment